Full-Time Job Opening
The Development Coordinator is responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining MindsEye constituent and community partner relationships. This position provides logistic, administrative, and communication support for MindsEye’s development activities, particularly emphasizing a donor-centered cultivation process.
A successful candidate will be a highly organized, deadline-driven individual, a self-starter with a positive and resourceful attitude and strong attention to detail. We seek a friendly, conscientious, customer service-oriented individual who sees this position as an opportunity to learn about blind accessibility advocacy while providing high-level donor relations and fundraising support.
Reporting to the CEO/COO, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Create and distribute donor-related communications, including annual appeals, acknowledgments, impact reports, newsletters, in-kind donation requests, sponsor proposals, and other development-related communication and marketing materials.
- Follow up with timely acknowledgment and correspondence to donor contributions and inquiries.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend donor meetings and presentations.
- Provide support with donor research and prospecting.
- Build donor relationships with local businesses, civic groups, and service organizations.
- Assist in special event planning and implementation, such as the Soirée and Trivia Night.
- Be present in the community which MindsEye serves by attending networking events and other events that might benefit MindsEye’s long-term partnerships.
- Use social media and digital resources to promote fundraising events, giving days, and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Manage donor data with regular data clean-up and reporting.
- Participate in strategic planning and goal setting.
- Offer suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Attend board meetings as requested.
- Organize the development committee and event volunteers.
- Execute other duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Exhibit organizational values of inclusion, accessibility, and community.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including comfort interacting by phone, email, and in person.
- Comfort presenting to small and large groups.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple activities both independently and as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines.
- Exhibit a positive, collaborative attitude with the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Communicate openly, tactfully, and honestly with staff, volunteers, board, donors, and other key constituents.
- Strong ethical conduct with an ability to uphold the confidentiality of client and donor records.
Experience and Requirements
- Two years of fundraising, client relations, nonprofit, or other related work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Zoom, and similar products. Experience in Bloomerang or other CRM software is a plus.
- All items listed above are considered essential functions of the job, and the candidate must be able to complete all to succeed.
- Reliable transportation to and from the office, venues, and meetings is required.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Schedule, Salary, and Benefits
- Full-time, on-site position at MindsEye’s Belleville, IL office, with future potential for hybrid work option.
- Occasional nights and weekends.
- Some local and out-of-town travel to events, speaking engagements, meetings, etc., is required.
- 40 hours/week, additional hours as required for special events.
- Salary range is $44,000 – $47,000.
- Paid holidays and generous PTO policy.
- Benefits include Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, and IRA match.
Please fill out the application form below. A resume upload is required. If you have questions about the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others, are encouraged to apply. MindsEye actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our programming, policies, and hiring. We do not discriminate based on race or color, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. MindsEye is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all candidates to apply.
"*" indicates required fields