Bring the St. Louis region’s arts and culture landscape to life! Join MindsEye’s Audio Description Team and help make events — like plays, opera, museum exhibits, sporting events, and more — accessible for individuals who are blind or partially sighted. We offer specialized training necessary for you to become a describer and provide ongoing education and opportunities to practice your skills.
Some things to note about becoming a MindsEye describer:
- MindsEye describers are required to complete an in-depth introductory training.
- Audio description is great for people who like writing.
- Audio description often involves prep work including reading scripts, researching, watching show previews, and writing an audio description script.
- Most audio description opportunities are located at venues around the St. Louis area, not at MindsEye.
- Typically, events take place in the evenings, often on the weekends.
Ready to get started? Just fill out the form below, and we’ll contact you to set up an interview to get to know you better.
Learn more about our Audio Description Program.
We don’t have any upcoming events at this time, but please check back soon.
Audio Description Team SignupAudio Description Team opportunities are currently limited to the St. Louis and Metro East area.
"*" indicates required fields