Bring the St. Louis region’s arts and culture landscape to life! Volunteer to audio describe at a variety of events including live theater, sporting events, museums, opera, cultural institutions, and more. We provide the specialized training necessary for you to become a describer and offer ongoing education and opportunities to practice your skills.
Some things to note about becoming a MindsEye audio describer:
- Audio description volunteers are required to complete an in-depth introductory training.
- Audio description is great for people who like writing.
- Audio description often involves prep work including reading scripts, researching, watching show previews, and writing an AD script.
- Most AD volunteer opportunities are located at venues around the St. Louis area, not at MindsEye.
- Typically, events take place in the evenings, often on the weekends.
Ready to get started? Just fill out the form below, and we’ll contact you to set up an interview to get to know you better.
Learn more about our Audio Description Program.