MindsEye actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our admissions, programming, policies, and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. MindsEye is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all candidates to apply.
Current Job Openings
MindsEye strives to build a more inclusive community by translating vision into audio for individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the MindsEye leadership team by processing and organizing data and reports, assisting clients, and ensuring office operations go smoothly.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a positive and resourceful attitude and strong attention to detail and organization. We seek a friendly and professional individual who sees this position as an opportunity to learn about blind accessibility and supportive services while providing a high level of organizational support.
Works closely with and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones – providing information to clients or transferring to appropriate staff
- Provide pre-meeting and follow-up support to the CEO
- Code bills according to prescribed class and accounts, assisting with preparation for monthly financial reports
- Assist in preparing mailings and ensuring accuracy of communications
- Prepare documents for funders and board
- Manage database, update client records, and maintain organization files
- Assist with MindsEye outreach and fundraising events
- Support with audio description activities – such as event registrations and preparing equipment for audio description volunteer pick-up
- Support with BeepBall activities – such as equipment inventory, demonstration setup, event support
- Process new client applications, mail listening devices, and provide follow up correspondence
- Conduct annual client evaluation surveys
- General administrative support and other duties as assigned
Skills and Aptitudes
- Exhibit organizational values of inclusion, accessibility, and community
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including comfort on the phone
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple activities both independently and as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines
- Exhibit a positive, collaborative attitude, with the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Communicate openly, tactfully, and honestly with staff, volunteers, board, donors, and other key constituents
- Strong ethical conduct with an ability to uphold the confidentiality of client and donor records
- 2-3 years of office management, client relations, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related work experience, experience in a nonprofit setting a plus
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, or similar products.
- Database experience preferred, experience in Bloomerang a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary of $14-16/hour
- Part-time, hourly, non-exempt position with an average of 20 hours per week expected.
- Hours are typically Monday-Thursday from 1-6:30 PM with rare weekends or evenings required for committee meetings or events.
- Part-time employees are allotted 40 hours of PTO time on an annual basis.
Please send a resume and a letter of interest/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “Administrative Assistant – Your Name” as the subject line.
Priority will be given to submissions received before April 18, 2021.
MindsEye is located in Belleville, IL. This position will be based in the office with COVID protocols, including masking requirements.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others are encouraged to apply. MindsEye actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our programming, policies, and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. MindsEye is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all candidates to apply.
We offer several unpaid internship opportunities for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. The ideal candidate is a college student looking to improve job prospects through real-world application, but post-graduation adults looking to learn new skills are welcome to apply. We have internships for Communications and Marketing, Broadcast, and Fundraising and Development. Send in your resume or cover letter.
MindsEye is currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for several internships.
We are always looking for community members eager to make our mission possible. Go to the Volunteer section to see about all the opportunities for you to get involved.